Saturday, September 22, 2007

JAROD'S SECRET TALENT







SPRING BREAK AT THE STEVENSON HOUSE! WOOHOO! (Just kidding) I just liked this picture so I thought I would throw it in...the real purpose of this post is to showcase Jarod's secret artistic talent! Apparently, Jarod likes to paint, and is actually quite good at it, which he somehow kept secret from me for 6 YEARS! Can you believe it? Anyway, a couple of months ago, he came up and told me that he wanted to paint a dinosaur on Isaac's wall in his bedroom. I sort of smiled and nodded my head, calculating the cost of paint to cover up whatever Jarod was going to do to my poor son's wall... Well....surprise! Jarod can actually paint! Boy was I shocked! :)

Hope you enjoy the pictures!


Notice the fine detail of the dinosaurs...excellent work! :) Also, who can beat the Hulk? I mean, come on? What boy wouldn't want the Hulk on their bedroom wall? Jarod actually added to the Hulk painting later...there was a cartoon caption above him that says "HULK BRUSH TEETH"




Isaac reminded us that Hulk also says "HULK SMASH!" Thanks for keeping us on our toes, buddy! :)







9 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, the kids are getting so big! And yes those paintings are amazing! Who knew? That is quite the talent, I can't even paint that good.

Unknown said...

Rebecca, I love your blog!! Now I can fill the void that has existed since we all stopped "pen-palling" -? I used to die laughing getting your letters back in the day. I love the happy little faces, and those cheeks!!
I would have never thought about the Hulk being a good spokesman for dental hygiene I'll have to try that with mine. . . and Jarod your talent is hidden no longer, we will all be wanting you to paint murals now.

Unknown said...

by the way nosofast is your cous, Julia:)

batesjj498 said...

That is too cool! Those are awesome paintings...he will have to start a side business with all of his "free" time - yeah, right! Like anyone has "free" time with kids. Thanks for letting me know about the blog!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for looking at our blog, everyone...try checking back every once in awhile to see what is going on!

Laura said...

This is blog so great, Rebecca. You're so high tech! I love the pictures- Makes me feel closer to home! :) Glad to hear everything is going well in Bonner.

Trish Wills said...

HAHAHAHA! I love it, Rebecca! Awesome!

I'll add your blog to my favorites! Feel free to check mine, too! Mine is mostly just a photoblog. = )

carrie said...

Crazy!! I can't believe that your children are so big! We need to get together soon and catch up-- we are within 20 minutes of each other anyway. And since tomorrow is H-Day (Halo Day-- a much anticipated video game in Doug and the mothergoat crew's world) I won't have a husband for about 3 months.

Erin Evans said...

That is amazing!!! Bravo Jarod!!
Love your blog Rebecca. Don't worry, I'll read it!