Monday, September 17, 2007

Yeah! Blog Time!

So I decided to try this whole blogging thing, since I am trying to learn how to use a computer at a normal 3rd grade level or above now. I swear, I am the most ignorant computer-user (other than my husband) who was born after the year 1970. Basically, I don't even know if one person other than myself or my mom will read this ever. I sort of wanted to keep people updated on my cute kiddos, not that I want to brag or anything, but this is going to be a bit of an experiment. For people who haven't talked to me or Jarod for awhile, this will sort of fill them in on what has been going on. We're not really all that exciting. We go to work, clean the house, do yard work, sleep, and start all over again (here the music in the background to the tune of pick yourself up, dust yourself off...)

Anyway, I have been busy birthing 2 children in the last 3 years and Jarod has been trucking around the metro in a big old semi-truck. I also work for State Farm Insurance and believe it or not have had lots of fun dealing with insurance. Ok, that isn't really true, but I have tons of fun with my co-worker, who happens to be a girl I've known since we were kids. We get along really well and spend too much time chatting, but it is such a great break from being with the kids all day (warning--for really sappy moms, I am not your woman! I like getting out and away from the kids on a fairly regular basis!)

Jarod is very manly (at his job) and wears a uniform with his name clearly stated for all to see. JAROD. You see, if your name is always on your shirt, people won't forget you. And they will also remember to spell your name with an "o" instead of an "e" or "a" I mean, I guess you could use any vowel and it would sound ok, but it wouldn't be right!! Anyway, Jarod also likes his job and thinks it is great to look threateningly down at other vehicles while driving down I-70 at 70 miles an hour. (yikes!)

Our 2 kids are named Isaac and Elizabeth. Isaac is 3 and Elizabeth will be 2 in a couple of months. Isaac just started preschool and Elizabeth is spending a lot of time saying "bubby" and pointing at the door, wondering when Isaac will get back from school (which he only goes to 2 days a week) My wonderful mother watches the kids while I work 27 hours a week. She is awesome. I actually have my meals cooked for me and waiting several days a week. Can you believe it? It's like I get to have a wife, which of course is the best...men have it so good!

We will learn more about the kids as I update the blog with our daily adventures.... Thanks for looking!

No comments: