Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Movie Review: 27 Dresses & News updates on el kiddos

Ok, this is for anyone who watched the movie "27 Dresses" starring Katherine Heigl...
Did you like this film or not? I have to admit, I am a sap for romantic comedies, so I definitely enjoyed the movie, but I have to say: not as good as expected! I love Katherine Heigl. She is so pretty and of course I wish I looked like her, so it was a little weird for her to be playing the "mousy" ignored sister....especially since I think her character totally looked better than the little sister's character. Anybody else think the little sister had a weird face?? All in all, I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. I am interested in what anyone else thought?

Now on to a new subject: Elizabeth started her first day of preschool today! I am a bit sad because I was supposed to take her but my co-worker could not be at work today meaning I had to come to the office to open...missing out on little Elizabeth's grand entrance into the world of school. I hope she does ok. She is still not potty trained, so I don't know how that will play out. Maybe seeing dozens of other children using the potty will help give the push she needs to throw off the shackles of diapers forever! I am looking forward to cruising by the diaper aisle someday and be able to laugh hysterically because I will be totally done with buying those dreadful things! But I have decided not to push the little missy...I pushed with Isaac and it took 6 months to train him, during which I almost went insane. I have decided that when Elizabeth is ready, she will just start doing it! :) maybe...
Oh, and Elizabeth now officially has a dead tooth. Right before Jarod and I went on our trip to San Antonio, she fell on some asphalt and totally landed right on her two front teeth. Her lip was smashed to bits and her gums were bleeding, but her teeth were not loose at all. They did have black asphalt on them that would not come off for 3 days, though! :) Anyway, all seemed to be healing fine, but then recently one of her teeth started turning brown. I was horrified. I took her to the dentist and they said that her root is dead and that the tooth is dead now. They said it might even turn totally black. There is nothing that can be done. I thought...come on, they do heart transplants on people and they can't fix my little girls tooth? (not that dentists do heart transplants, but you get my meaning!) thankfully, her tooth has seemed to sort of even out at the nice brown color and hasn't gotten any worse. Also, her permanent tooth should be just fine so no big deal. I just hate people thinking I'm some hillbilly that doesn't brush my kids teeth. :) By the way, Elizabeth did great at the dentist. She sat in that huge dentist chair and they put some little princess sunglasses on her so that the bright light wouldn't hurt her eyes. She was about the cutest thing you ever saw. She did everything the dentist told her and it was so funny seeing them polish her itty bitty teeth and then use the sucky thing in her mouth. Every staff member of the dentist office kept walking by and talking about how cute she was. Isaac also was seen by the dentist since I had never had his teeth checked out and thought I should go ahead and do it. He was also perfect and did everything the dentist asked him to do. He got to wear cool black "superhero" sunglasses as he called them. I am so proud of the kids and how well they did!

Also, Isaac's 4th birthday is coming up. He missed the Bonner Springs T-Ball league birthday cut-off by 17 days...poor kid. He had been asking me for months if he could play baseball. I'm sure there is some league I could find for him, but the one here in Bonner that is nice and cheap and close won't take him this year. I told him that he will be one of the bigger kids on the team next year so that will be good. He didn't seem happy about that, though. Besides, I have years of running around to various activities and getting stressed out, so I might as well enjoy one last year of relaxing bliss.

My birthday is tomorrow and I will be 29. One more year of being "twenty-something" I can't believe how different my life is from when I turned 20. At age 20 I hadn't even met Jarod yet and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I still don't really know what I want to do professionally (I know I don't want to sell insurance forever!) but I do know I want to be the best mother and wife I can be. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a wonderful husband and two great, healthy kids. God is so good!

Well, this is a long enough entry...I will be sure to post some pictures from Isaac's birthday party! Have a great day (or night) everyone! :)

No comments: