Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hello...I have not forgotten about my blog...yet!

Ok, so it has been a little while since my last update. I'm sorry! I really don't have a lot to say. I mean, I am busy all the time, but with things like work and chasing after kids, which is not the most exciting blog-worthy stuff all the time. I do plan on posting some recent pics of the kids in their cute Easter outfits, but I am at work right now and can't do it. I didn't forget my blog, though. I wanted to let the one person that reads this know that! :)

My online college class is going well. It is Child Development so it is so easy, especially since I have 2 kids to use as examples in my discussion postings and papers. So far I am getting like 125% or something in the class so it should turn out just fine. Unfortunately, the next class I will need to take is a science class. I will actually have to study or something. Hmmm....

Jarod and I are planning a trip to San Antonio!!! yeah! Jarod is sad that it is not this weekend so we could be around all the hooplah for the Final Four, but I actually don't want to be around a million crazy drunk people, so our trip in May might be a bit more relaxed than if we did it this weekend. We are very excited to get out of our routine and leave the kids with Grandma and Grandpa! We will be staying at the "Crockett" hotel...named after Mr. Davey Crockett himself. I think he might be buried under our hotel room or something. Anyone else think the name "Crockett" is funny?

We watched "I am Legend" finally. I had been looking forward to it ever since it came out in the theater, but we never got around to watching it until just now. I have to say, not as good as I was hoping, and it just really depressed me, because I started thinking about how horrible it would be to be living in New York all by yourself and worry about flesh-eating mutants all the time. Not my idea of fun. I also started thinking about how sad it would be if you knew you were dying and your kids were dying and you couldn't do anything. Very depressing. I don't think I will watch it again. I also watched "Atonement" and was not impressed with this one, either. I'm not really into close-ups of people's faces with lots of reflective, artsy music playing in the background. Any one else think this movie was a big disappointment? And how depressing was the ending? Really, after watching those two movies in the same week I almost needed to go get some medication or something to cheer me up! So, no more sad or serious movies. I think I will have to do a "Shrek" marathon or something to get back into my normal groove of happiness.

Tonight we are going to the "T-Rex" restaurant with some friends of ours and their kids. For those of you who are not familiar with "T-Rex" and all its goodness, it is basically like the Rainforest Cafe, but with Dinosaurs. Oh, and you can do "Build-a-Dino" like you can "Build-a-Bear" but we are too cheap so our kids won't be participating in the "Build-a-Dino" portion! :) Also, the KU game is on tonight so we can't linger too long at the restaurant. We will probably eat, run around the place real fast to look at all the dinosaurs, and then load everyone in the car to make a mad dash home to watch the game and the kids will be ignored the rest of the night! :)

I will post some pictures soon of the cute kiddos for everyone to enjoy....talk to you soon!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog! yes, atonement was really bad, I didn't see the movie, I read the book first and was given a free movie ticket with the book, so I was thinking that cool. I will go watch it after I read it, but then the book was so depressing and boring and a huge disappointment, so I never watched the movie, and my friends said the book was just like the movie, so ... yeah didn't like it either.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

Good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was depressed by it. I realize that life can be depressing, but I can watch the news for that stuff. I like to watch movies with happy endings. Call me a sap!